Manheim's Dimensional Door
Plays on any planet. Affects all players. While in play, whenever any player has a card in hand matching one just played by the opponent, the Manheim Effect (a temporal "hiccup") may occur. Opponent's card is suspended while player shows matching card, returns it to hand and plays any card from hand as if played normally. (Not duplicable). Nullify with Anti-Matter Pod.
Rule hint for this card
This card has an clarification:
When this doorway allows a card to be played during a “temporal hiccup,” that card may itself be suspended and allow another card to be played, and so on. It is suggested that you take the suspended cards and put them in a stack. When no more temporal hiccups occur, resolve the suspended cards in order from the top of the stack to the bottom. Each card play may be responded to normally, and a card may be played that affects an earlier, suspended card play. See actions - step 2: responses. Example:
- I play K'chiQ. You show a K’chiQ from hand; mine is suspended.
- You play Palor Toff - Alien Trader. I show a Palor Toff; yours is suspended.
- I play Q's Tent. You show a Q’s Tent; mine is suspended.
- You play Q’s Tent (the same one you showed earlier). I show no Q’s Tent (my original one has been set aside and is not in my hand), so the card plays start to resolve.
- Your Q’s Tent resolves; you retrieve Wrong Door from your Tent.
- I attempt to resolve my Q’s Tent, but you respond with Wrong Door. I play Amanda Rogers to nullify your Wrong Door. My Q’s Tent resolves and I retrieve a Countermanda.
- You attempt to resolve Palor Toff. I play Countermanda, suspend your Palor Toff, and take three cards out of your discard pile. Your Palor Toff resolves; if no card remains to retrieve, simply discard Palor Toff.
- My K’chiQ resolves and reports for duty.
Treat this doorway as if it read, “...whenever any player has a card in hand matching one just played face up by opponent...” Thus, you may not use the Manheim effect when a hidden agenda is played (because it must be played face down, and is immune to “general use cards”) or activated (because it was not “just played”). A “matching” card is a copy.Taken form Glossary - Version 1.9.1.
Rare [R] card from Q-Continuum (Copyright 1996 by Decipher)
UCT-ID : ST1E 3 R 13 (manufactor info on card: none)
Print-Style : color (standard) / black border / non-foil
No "reprints" for this card (no cards published with same title in a other expansion).
- "RR #20: The many uses of Manheim's Dimensional Door" by Kathy McCracken at May 16th, 1997
Log in OR create a new account to write a card review.deck section!Click here to see all trade list entries for this Rare card!
Also see here for all trade lists with any card fom "Q-Continuum".